Freedom of expression is wonderful. It gives us the right to be ourselves! The ability to express our wants, our desires, and our feelings keeps us true and gives us happiness. But, everyone has that equal right, too. Let’s treat each one with respect and make sure that everyone has a good time in enjoying our hobbies and interests.
What are the things we should remember when it comes to our fanboy or fangirl experience? Here are some tried and tested tips:
1. ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION:
– There are a thousand things going on all at once at comic conventions or toy expos. It is easy to get caught up in the chaos of it all. But always keep an eye out for what is around you. Be careful not to interrupt other people at their tasks during the event. Keep in mind that you are not the only person there.
2. ALWAYS RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE’S TIME:
– Everyone wants a task to do or a role to play. And time is limited for each activity with the throngs of fans. Be considerate when asking for photos or autographs as there are other people who also want that chance.
3. ALWAYS GIVE PEOPLE THEIR PERSONAL SPACE:
– Just because someone is wearing your favorite hero’s costume or is handling your favorite toy brand does not make you instant best friends. Avoid very physical gestures and always observe proper behavior like a respectable lady or gentleman.
4. ALWAYS THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK:
– We do not like it when people talk trash. Be sensitive in expressing yourself. Use polite language always. Keep your conversations respectable and pleasant.
5. ALWAYS ASK PERMISSION:
– A hobbyist convention is not like your personal birthday party. We need to be courteous and ask for permission when we take photos or speak to cosplayers and guests. Nobody likes paparazzi!
Let us know what you think of these etiquettes. Add more to the list. Visit us at YuneOh.