Treat for all the Tech Savvies
Hey Tech-Savvies! Christmas is just around the corner. Question- what’s on your Christmas wish list this year? Let me guess: The latest iPhone X? Apple iPad? Bose Wireless Headphone? Or maybe a sleek BeatsX earphones? Let YUNEOH roll out a bunch of list of Tech and Gadget Gift Ideas for yourself or for someone special.
Technology and gadgets are obviously the best yet pricey gift you could give to someone. Gadget-obsessed or not, everyone has this habit of acquiring the latest in the tech space.
May it be our mom who’s been eyeing the newest smartphone in the market or our dad obsessing over latest smart TV. Let’s not forget our siblings who keep on begging your parents to buy anything trendy and techie’s must-haves.
Hopefully, on our list, you’ll get to have an idea what to buy and if it passes your standards of what you’re looking for. We have divided these list from a wearable gadget, mobile, and computers, gaming, to even technologies must-have for your home.
There are gadgets we’d want to consider as our everyday apparel. Here, we listed some functional and in demand wearable gadgets you’ll surely love.
Smart watches are probably the most practical yet expensive you can avail this season. This gadget is designed for busy and active people who need real-time updates while they’re on the run or even driving. There are lots of smart watch with different features and prices. Check out our list here:
- Samsung Gear S3 (Php 16,000 – Php 18,000). This brilliant smart watch features a heart rate monitor, activity tracking, and GPS. Plus! Its look is more of like a sporty finish for an edgier look. It’s also water-resistant.
- Apple Watch Series 2 (Php 15,000-Php18,000). Same with their phones, apple smartwatches is also pricey. Still, it’s overall look is sleek, waterproof, and has a solid fitness tracker. Its battery can lasts up to 18 hours.
- ASUS Zenwatch 2 (Php 11,000-Php 12,000). Might be less expensive than the Samsung and Apple smartwatches, but this too packs a lot of feature including a 2-day battery life.
Audiophiles, hear me up! We’ve rounded up some pretty good earphones you might want to give as gifts this Christmas.
- Bose SoundTrue Ultra (Php 8,000 – Php 10,000) these earphones has comfortable ear buds for a satisfying listening experience. There’s an in-line microphone on one side and three physical buttons on the other side. It delivers clean and well-balanced sound. Bass kicks are said to be solid and powerful. Comes in two color variants: charcoal and frost.
- Marshall Major II (Php 5,000). From the company that brought us the globally famous amps, comes another addition to their family – the Marshall Major II. It boasts a balanced audio level in its range and delivers bright sound. Now, this one has a classic and minimalist finish.
It is uniquely designed to fit to give a comfortable fit to almost everyone. Not only that! Marshall Major II is also for sharing. An extra 3.5mm socket can be found in the ear cap for plugging another earphone.
- Philips in-ear (Php 800 – Php 2000). This brand is probably the most famous ones in the world of electronics. One of their products include earphones. Now that their unparalleled quality earphones is a no stranger for the most of us; we recommend try purchasing one for high-intensity listening experience.
Novelty Heart U Disk Pendant USB Necklace
There is nothing quite like something nice and quaint, right? Here’s for your lady office mate who keeps on borrowing your USB. Finally, something fancy, unique and functional. This has an 8GB flash drive memory and is available at Lazada.
Mobile and Computers
We are aware that mobile devices and computers are basic necessities nowadays. Why invest in an affordable one, when you can have both the quality and budget-friendly devices in the market. Check this out.
- iPhone X (1000 dollars). Itching to have an iPhone X this year? You definitely have to save up big time before having one.
To commemorate Apple’s 10th anniversary, the brand has finally released its most radical design of an iPhone yet. Legions of Apple fans have been waiting for November to get ahold of this phone. The new phone has a Face ID sensor with an OLED display that measures 5.8 inches and features Dolby Vision and HDR10 for high-contrast video playback.
It has a dual-lens 12-megapixel camera and a 7-megapixel front camera that supports a portrait mode and has auto image stabilization and exposure control. It looks like you’ll be thinking twice whether you’ll buy an iPhone X or a new camera this year.
- Samsung S8 (Php 40,000). Android users have been raving about the latest Samsung Innovation. S8 has a physical and unique software feature that stands out among other phones in the market. It’s got a 12MP camera and 4GB ram.
Unlimited HD streaming is now within your reach because of its AMOLED feature that produces rich and deep colors. There’s also a USB Type-C connection on the bottom of the phone.
- Oppo F3 Plus (Php 19,000). If you love a phone that take good selfies, then Oppo F3 Plus might be for you. I’ve been an Oppo user for 2 years now, and it doesn’t disappoint when it comes to taking selfies. Everyone’s loving the wide-angle camera perfect for we-fies and Beautify 4.0. Its rear camera offers great focusing speed and low light performance, which makes it capture beautiful images.
- Vivo V7 Plus (Php 18,000). Vivo has been the talk of the town recently after the grand launch of their Vivo V7 Plus. Local celebrities went posting their incredible selfies using their new V& Plus. It sports a 24MP camera, has a face ID access feature, and a portrait mode like the ones in Iphone.
- ASUS X455LF (Php 26,000). Functional notebooks are everywhere but ASUS X455LF is different. It is all about work and play. This 14-inch notebook has a 3.0 for faster transfer speed, has a SonicMaster-enhanced studio for high-quality sounds, and is equipped with Smart Gesture technology for quick and precise response across a wide range of touch inputs.
- HP Spectre x360 (Php 76,000). This chic high-end convertible laptop was one ‘The Best Touchscreen and Hybrid Laptops of 2017.’ For the go-to and busy person who needed a high-performance laptop, might as well check out this one. Its battery can last up to 8 hours and has a gorgeous 4K display. For video editors, they can make use of the extra space to view and edit full HD videos. Sounds like a total package, huh?
So if you’re a serious gamer – or your friend is – let us share you the latest in the gaming department.
1. Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse (Php 6,000).
The invention of this mouse is a dream come true if you’re either a gamer or maybe a designer. It is uniquely designed for utmost comfort and easy use.
2. VR Headsets (Php 2,000 – Php 3,000)
Virtual Reality is the new wave of entertainment this year. Why not own and experience it? For those who haven’t heard about this gadget, it’s a head mounting device which provides a 3D virtual environment when worn. Say, the Samsung Gear VR Oculus.
3. Nintento Switch (Php 20,000)
Nintendo Switch is dubbed as 2017 most exciting console. It’s a 2-in-1 portable home console and a switch dock for connecting the console to the TV.
Any Entertainment Related Gadgets/Technologies for Home
Well you know sometimes, parents just have to blow off their hard-earned cash just to buy something that interests them. Now that you’re earning or you probably have savings to buy something for them this Christmas, check out our list which can help you find that perfect gift.
1. Bluetooth Microphone (Php 2,000)
There are parents who’s always in the mood for some fancy music. The latest addition on the tech invention is the Bluetooth Microphone or the Magic Carry-oke. Who says no for karaoke, right?
No need to plug too many cables on your TV. All you have to do is open your Bluetooth, download any karaoke app, or much better search on YouTube. Now you’re all set to belt out your favorite karaoke song, whenever and wherever. Its battery can last up to 5 hours so you can sing all you want.
2. UHD Television (Php 80,000)
Televisions are getting more advanced than ever. With lots of features which would really tempt you to avail one, always make that its bang for the buck. For example, the recent addition to the Samsung family – the Samsung Premium UHD TV. This 65-inch 4K Ultra HD TV defines the true meaning of entertainment.
Imagine how good will it look in your entertainment area. With its sleek exterior details and stunning HDR 1000 feature, it will feel like as if you were on set. But take note, this gift idea for your parents or for the whole family may come pricey.
3. Security Cameras (Php 5,000 – Php 10,000)
Leaving the country for a holiday vacation? Why not buy the family a gift of security and assurance. There are a lot of affordable yet quality CCTV packages at FOSCAM ( foscam.com.ph/affordable-cctv-packages) .Visit their website for more information.
This device is becoming a necessity nowadays and can be used during emergencies. With limited establishments not sharing their sockets for their diners, well I bet now’s the time you finally decide to buy one for yourself.
Also called as the “Back-Up”, Powerbanks is one of the must-haves during travels. This is also a necessity for people who are always on the go. Take note, price depends on mAh capacity.
- ASUS ZenPower (Php 800-1000). Charge multiple devices in this credit card-sized power bank. Not only is this functional but is also modern looking. It’s available in black, pink, gold, silver, and blue.
- Bavin Powerbanks (Php 1,000 – Php 2,000) has a built-in LED light which can be used as flashlights. This one is a great value for the money. 9000 mAh at Php 1000.
- Romoss Sense 6 Plus (Php 1,000) For only Php 999, you can now purchase a 20,000 mAh powerbank. Romoss Sense 6 Plus is durable, sleek, and has a scratch resistant finish.
5. Sony Walkman (Php 2000 – Php 2500)
Talk about nostalgia. Since music is basically an integral part of every one, various gadgets have popped in the market to satisfy that love for listening to quality music. And if that special someone of yours requested something functional, durable, user-friendly, and affordable music gadget – then we suggest the Sony Walkman NWZ B-183F.
This device can last up to 18-20 hours. It boasts dozens of features including a bass boost function, user-friendly OS, and amazing sound quality. It also serves a dual purpose as a USB flash drive and can charge through its USB port.
Now, if you’re on a tight budget, there are online shops selling less expensive gadgets which are also – by the way – of quality.
- Widget City (http://www.widgetcity.com.ph/). Widget City sells legit, quality gadgets in premium quality including Bluetooth speakers, tablets, smartwatches, cameras, mobile accessories, and game consoles.
- You Pound It (https://www.poundit.com/). You Pound It is also one of the trusted online sellers of various gadgets and technologies. You can choose from mobile phones, GoPro action cameras, laptops, wearable, and power banks to name a few.
- Gadget Pinas. (http://www.gadgetpinas.ph/products). Gadget Pinas sells various phone accessories, from a casing, cables, and phone mounts. They also have branded powerbanks.
For tech-savvy people reading this right now, or for those looking a technology and gadget gift ideas, we hope we helped you with our list. Christmas happens once a year and one thing to enjoy the season is to share your generosity with others.
It doesn’t matter how much did you spend for a particular gift – what matters most is the amount of happiness it would bring to the receiver. Just always remember to spend wisely.