Make your Mom feel special this Mother’s Day with these gift ideas
Show your love and care to your mom by spending time with them and making them feel extra special through different unique gifts we would share with you. Are you a type of gift-giver that only “shop-what’s-there-and-what-she-needs”? Or you want to “do-it-yourself”? Or customizable presents appeal to you most?
Think really hard of what you want to give, because it’s also the time of the year that you’re also thinking of how you are going to establish that you’re still your mom’s favorite kid! Obviously no one can buy mom’s love but I’ll share you a secret: you can at least manage to open the door bigger for you by giving her the perfect gift a son and/or daughter can give.
Anything you want, we’ve got you covered!
Perfect Mother’s Day Gifts
1. Dedication Cake
I know you will agree on me in this: nothing beats a triple-chocolate cake or any kind for every occasion. There are a lot of ways on how to have a cake for mom—you can buy through cake shops, you can order from your favorite online bake shop, or you can bake it yourself!
If you are near Greenhills Shopping Center, checkout Hizon’s Cakes & Pastries for some cake treat for your mom! It’s at Greenhills Promenade, Annapolis St. cor. Missouri St., Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan, Metro Manila. You may also reach them through (09)23-965-338.
Here’s Sandy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe from Taste of Home for your Mother’s Day celebration:
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
3 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups sour cream
1-1/3 cups boiling water
1/2 cup butter, cubed
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
5 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 9-in. round baking pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in water until blended.
3. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
4. For frosting, in a metal bowl over simmering water, melt butter and chocolates; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
5. In a large bowl, combine confectioner’s sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Note: Recipe doesn’t come from the author. It originally appeared in a feature “Top 10 Cake Recipes” by the Taste of Home. This recipe is from Sandra Johnson of Pennsylvania.