Fish Options for Holy Week
As we remember Lent and all that the Holy Week entails, we also stave off some of the things that Filipinos traditionally don’t eat during this time. Meat! So hands-off of the Chickenjoy, porkchops, lambchops, and steak! But fear not! We have some quick and easy fish recipes for your Holy Week lunches!
Fish Recipes for your Holy Week Gatherings
1. Fish Stew with Tofu and Pineapples
Preparation Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 30 mins.
Serving Size: 6
- 500 g labahita fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 Tbsp tenga ng daga, soaked and diced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar, white
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup mirin (opt. japanese rice wine or chinese rice wine)
- salt, to taste
- 300 g tofu, cut into thick strips then blanched for 3 minutes
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (567g), drained, reserve syup
- 2 1/2 stalk leeks, sliced
- Marinate fish in half of pineapple syrup for 10 minutes. Drain. Discard marinade.
- Combine tenga ng daga, soy sauce, sugar, water, mirin, remaining pineapple syrup and salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Add tofu. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks and fish. Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes. Add leeks.