The Biggest and Boldest Marvel Movie Ever
The Avengers: Infinity War Trailer is HERE:
You should have heard by now. We saw it. Everyone in the planet saw it. The first trailer for Avengers: Infinity War is out. It’s not just out. It is the MOST VIEWED Youtube trailer EVER. The entire world stood still when Marvel Studios announced that Avengers: Infinity War will be coming out. This film would be the culmination of over 10 years of great Marvel movies. Before we dive in the actual trailer. Let’s take a recap at the Marvel movies that have come before and paved the way for Avengers: Infinity War.
A Marvel Cinematic Universe Timeline
- Iron Man (2008)
- After a violent capture, Tony Stark discovers that he can be more than a weapons contractor, he can be a hero!
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Bruce Banner comes into terms that the Hulk and Banner are on!
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Tony discovers that there is more to being Iron Man than just the suit, Nick Fury invites him to the Avengers!
- Thor (2011)
- Thor Odinson learns the true meaning of being worthy of the hammer Mjolnir.
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- Steve Rogers goes from scrawny kid to the hero of and entire generation, he is Captain America!
- Marvel’s The Avengers (2012)
- Heroes gather to counter a threat no single individual can face. Loki, meet The Avengers!
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- A life or the suits? Tony makes a decision to bring Iron Man to the next phase of his life.
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Thor comes face to face with Malekith and an Infinity Stone.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Bucky Barnes is alive and HDRA is in control of SHIELD! What will Captain America do?
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Meet Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. Collectively known as the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Tony and Bruce accidentally create a a mad AI bent on killing the world. Avengers Assemble!
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Scott Lang can shrink down to the size of an ant…and be a hero while at it!
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Iron Man and Captain America take opposing sides in a conflict. Drawing other heroes in the fight!
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Dr. Stephen Strange recovers from an accident by learning the Mystic Arts! Meet the new Sorcerer Supreme!
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Peter Quill is the son of a Celestial? Groot is small? What does this mean for the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Finally! Spider-man is back in the Marvel fold and he looks good as ever! Iron Man is his mentor too!
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Mjolinr is broken. Odin is dead. And Thor had his hair cut short. What will happen next? Is that The Hulk?
- Black Panther (2018)
- T’Challa is the King of Wakanda. He is also the protector known as the Black Panther!
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- It all ends here.
And Now, On to the Main Event
Of course we will show it for you! Marvel Entertainment has a legit boast that their trailer is the most viewed movie trailer on youtube EVER. It has now hot more than 89 Million views as of my last click. I have seen it more than 5 times now. Let us watch it again! If you are watching it for the first time, hold your breath, and prepare for an insane ride!
Glorious! It looks amazing right? All these characters in one movie! It is enough to blow your mind! The trailer goes by very quickly but we can spot some hidden tidbits and treasures in it! The Avengers are there. They are scattered all over the place. We can see Wakanda and Cap is there with the Black Panther. Bruce and Tony are together again and they are with yet another doctor…the Sorcerer Supreme! The Guardians of the Galaxy are in a space ship…with Thor! Is that Spider-man’s new suit? So much more to see! Let us try to break it down one by one!
Avengers: Infinity War Trailer Tidbits
Three Doctors and a Wong
Stephen Strange took over the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme after the Ancient One. He is also the Master of the New York Sanctum. The image clearly shows us Tony Stark a.k.a. Iron Man and Bruce Banner a.k.a. The Hulk here. Wong is also present. What new dangers lie outside these doors? One big guess starts with T and ends with S.
The Iron Spider!
Peter Parker is Spiderman. H was offered a new suit at the end of Spiderman: Homecoming but refused to take it. We see him here wearing the upgraded suit. I guess you need new threads and extra protection when going against a Mad Titan.
Is Thor forging a New Hammer?
Mjolnir is an enchanted hammer forged from the heart of a star. Thor is an Asgardian god of Thunder. But Thor lost Mjolnir in Thor Ragnarok to Hela, his sister. What will he do now? Can he forge a new hammer in time to go against Thanos himself?
The Guardians of the Galaxy!
Star-Lord and the rest of the Guardians can be seen here. Groot is a teenager and Mantis) the new addition) is present also. What are their roles here and why are they with Thor in space?
Thanos Already has 2 Infinity Stones!
The Space Stone resides within the Tesseract. Loki is a traitorous Jotun prince. He is the reason the Avengers were formed in the first place. The trailer shows us that Loki is handing the Tesseract to someone. Thanos is the obvious bet. So that is one Infinity Stone down. The Power Stone is the Orb under the protection of the Nova Corps. It might be safe to assume that Thanos razed Nova to the ground to get a hold of the second Infinity Stone. Oh no. Things do not bode well for our heroes.
Wakanda’s Super Special Forces
Let us make a quick look. Captain America. Check. Black Panther. Check. Winter Soldier. Check. Black Widow. Check. The Hulk. Check. War Machine. Check. Shuri is also there. This is one force to be reckoned with. Who are they charging? Why are they all in Wakanda? Lots of questions to be answered when the film comes out!
What the Critics Are Saying So Far
Rotten Tomatoes is one of the most famous review sites online. Their rating is so powerful that it can affect blockbuster performances and numbers of movies. Critics also place their bets on teh Rotten Tomatoes ratings. Care to see what the reaction is so far?
Critics and Comments
HOLY MOTHER FORKING SHIRTBALLS. If anyone needs me, I’ll be over here rewriting my Top Ten Films of 2017 to include the Infinity War trailer and possibly also fainting.
– Helen O’Hara, Empire Magazine
I can’t stop watching that Avengers Infinity War trailer.
– Brad Gullickson, Film School Rejects
– Brian Truitt, USA Today
What this trailer does is work in the broad strokes of showing the entire Marvel Universe coming together and picking up threads that were left open like Peter getting his Spidey-Sense, Captain America getting a new shield, etc. All-in-all, it looks pretty dang exciting, and it should tide fans over for at least the next couple months.
– Matt Goldberg, Collider
The footage isn’t all that different from what we heard about at the D23 convention last summer, but it’s still damn impressive. Moreover, it uses Nick Fury’s big “Avengers Initiative” speech, along with Alan Silvestri’s Avengers theme, to excellent effect.
– Scott Mendelson, Forbes
I’m done with movies after one look at Thanos. Moving to poetry now.
– David Ehrlich, IndieWire
Who the f**k thought it was a good idea for Thanos to go without his headgear?
– Dan Schindel, The Film Stage
Imagine spending over a billion dollars over a dozen $100 million plus movies to build up your most evil villain possible and he looks like this.
– Peter Labuza, The Film Stage
The Avengers: Infinity War trailer is good, but no one says “YEAYUHH!” in it, which is disappointing. Like, if you don’t scream “YEAYUHH” as you kill alien invaders, are you even a superhero? I say no.
– Matt Singer, ScreenCrush
Between Justice League and the Avengers: Infinity War trailer, it’s a banner year for utopian civilizations fighting hordes of bland CGI creatures in fields.
– Matthew Monagle, Film School Rejects
Most epic part of the Avengers: Infinity War trailer was when it briefly cut to black, leaving onscreen the disinterested, tired, sad eyes of someone unsure as to why they’re watching the Avengers: Infinity War trailer.
– Nick Newman, The Film Stage
Not another f**king sky portal.
– Angie Han, Mashable
THE BEST MOMENTS
A bearded Captain America steals the show.
– Joanna Robinson, Vanity Fair
A lot of great moments in the Avengers Infinity War trailer, but Cap and Panther putting the smackdown on beasts in the battlefield may top all.
– Erik Davis, Fandango
YO, Vision and Wanda, Spidey sense, Bucky locked and loaded, GET NOMAD STEVE A SHIELD!!!!!!!!! I AM SCREAMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
– Jamie Righetti, IndieWire
How crazy is it that Thanos LAYS IRON MAN OUT?
– Kwame Opam, The Verge
The last three seconds of this trailer are my favorite. I love it!
– Mike McGranaghan, The Aisle Seat
Even the Stars are Excited About the Film!
Screenrant took in some remarks and reactions from the cast members about the film. Look at what they had to say:
Naturally, most every cast member was brimming with pride and excitement over Infinity War. Most of them admitted to being moved by the fact that Infinity War is a project built on a decade’s worth of history for Marvel and were overwhelmed by the warm reaction from the D23 crowd. Cumberbatch, especially, (in a joint interview with Holland) gave a shout-out not just to the stars who appear in front of the camera but also the people who have relentlessly worked behind-the-scenes on the MCU to date, saying:
“We’re both a bit in shock, still. We’re both recovering from the full force of seeing something that’s taken ten years to get to this point, both of real people’s lives and of the characters’ stories.”
Even though he’s playing the CGI-heavy big bad of Infinity War, Brolin, was also awestruck by what he saw. Explaining that while he has never doubted the narrative arc of the film laid out for him, seeing it coming to fruition on the big screen was a sight to behold:
“When you see the actual manifestation, it’s fun. I’m still reeling. It’s a really good time. I remember talking to Mark [Ruffalo] when I first got into it, and I was like ‘What’s this like?’ And he was like ‘I’m onstage, and I feel like an idiot, and I don’t know what I’m doing.’ And then I see the movie and I go ‘Oh my god, I’ll do anything you want. I’ll do it naked, whatever.’ What they’re able to do, just with this cutting edge technology, is incredible. It makes every fantasy come true.”
A Marvel Movie for Everybody for Years to Come
Look at the calendar release dates for the next 5 years. You will see that there is a planned Marvel movie that will come out! This is the best news ever! You know what this means is that the road map for the next set of Marvel movies is all set and the story will continue long after the last end credits are done!
Marvel Geeks Unite!